How To Use The Nail Snail®
How to cut baby nails with the Nail Snail®
- Have your child’s fingers or toes pointing away from you. Having them sitting in your lap or cradled in your elbow allows for this.
- Using the Nail Snail® tail, gently clean under each nail.
- Holding the shell of the Nail Snail®, with the eye prongs facing away from you, place the base of the metal V-shaped blade against the edge of the nail.
- Carefully catching the edge of the nail, move the blade forward, following the curve of the fingernail.
- Using the same technique, trim straight across the toenails.
- Finish by gently smoothing off any rough edges with the nail file.
2. Try using your Nail Snail® on a thin piece of cardboard to get used to how much force is needed and to build up your confidence.
3. Have your child give your Nail Snail® a name. Make nail trimming time a moment of care and fun.
4. Offer a small treat or sticker after nail trimming time is done.