Our Chinese production abides by a strict code of independently certified conduct; outlining health and safety, paying above minimum wage, fair working hours, no child labour and with consideration of the environment.
Manufacturing Standards & Factory Information
At Christie & Christie® providing a safe product and a healthy workplace is an integral part of our focus. We believe in and stand by, the highest, ethical International and National manufacturing standards.
The Nail Snail® passes SGS International Safety Testing to the highest Australian and American Standards.
- US CPSC: Physical and Mechanical Safety Tests
- US CPSC 16 CFR 1500.48, US CPSC 16 CFR 1500.49 and US CPSC 16 CFR 1501 - no lead, no Phthalates and no toxic chemicals.
- As specified in Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA) of 2008 section 103; tracking labels for children’s products.
CEO Julia Christie visits the Nail Snail® factory in China
The Nail Snail® is made in China in a production facility which adheres to the following manufacturing standards:
- ISO9001 certified factory (Total Quality Management System)
- ISO13485 certified factory (Medical Device Quality Management System)
- Environmental protection approval by the People's Republic of China Government.
- The factory operates in accordance with the labor laws of the People's Republic of China, they do not employ children or minors under the age of 16.
- Company and employees conclude and modify labor contracts in accordance with the principles of equality, voluntariness and consensus through consultation and do not violate the provisions of laws and administrative regulations.
- Workers are not discriminated against in employment on the basis of their ethnic, racial, gender or religious beliefs.
- The wage that pays each employee in the full amount, not under standard of local minimum wage. Employees take paid annual leave, marriage leave and/or maternity leave.
- Each employee receives a 1.5 hour lunch break per day.
- Employees are provided with work clothes, drinks and working meals.
- Employees receive paid social insurance.
- Regular occupational health checks are conducted for employees.
- Fire safety training is mandatory for all new staff.
- Working mums and dads are accommodated by allowing children to come to be cared for at the factory on the eve of long holidays or in situations where there is a problem with childcare help.
Our commitment to uphold human rights within all parts of our operations is a fundamental part of our business and we aim to use positive business practice in all areas.