How to cut baby nails with the Nail Snail
- Have your child’s fingers or toes pointing away from you. Having them sit in your lap, or cradled in your elbow allows for this.
- Using the Nail Snails tail, gently clean under each nail.
- Holding the Nail Snail’s shell with the eye prongs facing away from you, place the base of the metal V-shaped blade against the edge of the nail.
- Carefully catching the edge of the nail, move the blade forward, following the curve of the fingernail.
- Using the same technique, trim straight across the toenails.
- Finish by gently smoothing off any rough edges with the nail file.
1. Make sure your child is calm. It is a nice idea to sing the Nail Snail song with them.
2. Try using your Nail Snail on a thin piece of cardboard to get used to how much force is needed and to build up your confidence.
3. Have your child give your Nail Snail a name. Make nail trimming time a moment or care and fun.
4. Offer a small treat or sticker after nail trimming time is done.
5. Keep your Nail Snail in a safe, clean and dry place.