- Online exclusive, limited edition, beautiful Jacaranda Purple Nail Snail®
Only 3,000 produced
Multipurpose 3-in-1 tool includes:
- nail trimmer
- nail file
- under nail cleaner
Size: 6.3 cm long x 2.4 cm tall x 1.6 cm wide
The Nail Snail® is safe and easy to use for tear-free nail cutting. The Nail Snail® lets you trim your child's nails accurately and with confidence reducing stress for both of you.
LIGHT FOR RILEY
On the 13th of February 2015, proud parents Catherine and Greg Hughes along with their daughter, welcomed their beautiful baby boy, Riley. Their time together as a family was precious and sadly, short-lived, with Riley passing away 32 days later from Whooping Cough.
The grieving process for the Hughes family was encapsulated through their determination of creating a legacy for their little boy. And so began, Light For Riley.
Flash forward to 2020 and the grief is still extremely real, but Riley’s legacy has grown to unimaginable heights through the commitment of Riley’s family to prevent this tragedy from happening to another family. Catherine Hughes has led the fight to ensure every child, pregnant mother and family member not only has information about the importance of immunisation but also access to vaccinations.
“Nearly a quarter of babies in Australia are being born with no protection against Whooping Cough. Considering it is a disease that is most deadly in those first few weeks of life, and a disease that is pretty prevalent around Australia, this is worrying,” says Catherine Hughes. “A third trimester booster against Whooping Cough reduces the chance of your newborn contracting Whooping Cough by 90% which is such an incredible advancement in being able to stop babies dying from this disease.”
Since Riley’s passing, Catherine and Greg Hughes have worked tirelessly meeting with medical professionals, politicians and organisations to ensure sanctions are put in place to educate parents on the importance of babies and parents being vaccinated and the Light For Riley continues to shine.
“80,000 babies were born in Australia last year without any protection to Whooping Cough. We hope, this year, that number is significantly reduced – we never want another child to go through what Riley did.” - Catherine and Greg Hughes.
Christie & Christie®, their agents, distributors & wholesalers disclaim any liability from any injury that may result from the use, proper or improper of a Nail Snail®.
How to Cut Baby Nails with the Nail Snail®
1. Have your child's fingers or toes facing away from you.
2. Using the Nail Snail® tail, gently clean under each nail.
3. Holding the Nail Snail® shell with the eye prongs facing away from you, place the base of the metal V-shaped blade against the edge of the nail.
4. Carefully catching the edge of the nail, move the blade forward, following the curve of the fingernail. Only trim off the white part of the nail.
5. Using the same technique, trim straight across the toenails.
6. Finish by gently smoothing off any rough edges with the built-in nail file.
• Wash before initial use. To ensure ongoing cleanliness, wash after each use.
• Dishwasher safe (on the top shelf) or wash in warm soapy water and wipe the blade clean.
• Always store the Nail Snail® in a clean dry place. We recommend in the Nail Snail® canvas storage bag so it doesn't get lost.
• Keep out of reach of children. Whilst the Nail Snail® is not a choking hazard it is also not a toy.
• In order to prevent your child scratching themselves and you, their fast growing nails will require regular trimming.